Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Doubt

Tonight I went to RUF and the speaker Matt Howell spoke on John 20:24-31 on the topic of doubt and faith. The message was really good and actually something that I needed to hear. Recently I have been struggling with whether or not it is right to doubt God. Not that I am at all but some things have happened lately that made me wonder if a reaction of doubt is as terrible as I always thought it was.

One of the points Matt made in his message was that we put too much faith in our faith. We tend to base our view of God on how much we allow ourselves to rely on Him for. When I have moments when I feel I have faith to move mountains, I think nothing is better than my God. But when I have moments where my faith is a mustard seed I start wondering where my awesome God is. The reality is that no matter how much I trust in Him, he will always be exactly the same. Instead of putting my faith in how I respond to God for what happens in my life, I need to just know that His response will always be the same towards me. When I focus on that, there is no room for me to doubt Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment